Saturday, November 1, 2008

Maiden Post

Hm. I don't really have a clear idea of what my first post should be. Let's see.

I've just finished my second week of this semester. Things are still a little blur for me in school. I'm still trying to make sense of what each subject is about. One interesting thing this semester is I've taken an extra course called Writing and Issues in the New Media. Basically we learn some styles and formats of writing in the new media and some of the issues that arrises from the new media such as authorship, audiences, internet threats, internet bullying etc. I thought it would be easy to score in this course, but it seems that we have to really put effort because we have to do some presentation of a specific issue that we want to write about.

This week I laughed alot with my friend and classmate Mira. Half of the time things aren't that funny, but I just can't explain why we laughed so much in the first place. According to what she posted on her blog(thesunflowerlife.blogspot.com) there's this incident with a "Korean" guy, the door thing and the other day I laughed until miraculously ended up sitting on the floor. Ah, I loved laughing out loud.

The "Korean" is uber cute!! Gah! We both kinda went gaga over him. He was wearing this fitting black top, knee-lenth shorts, he had this long, dreamy, new-century-beatles crop, and very 'sepet' eyes, and he looked so much like a "Korean" star! Or maybe a model...either way, he looks so good+yummy and easy on the eyes that one would just want to stare at him! Ofcourse, Mira & I didn't do that...we just "improvised" a little to get a better view of him. Geehehe!! We kinda went running like mental kids just to get far infront enough of him so we could "pretend" to look back to find our classmates just to get a look at him...ah, it was a joy ride for my eyes :D

Also in this week, I went camping with some fellow "Engineers-in-training" at Pasir Ris Park. My three other classmates were there too(Fauzan, Mira & Ready Radhi). Fauzan, Mira & I planned to go there at 2pm but thanks to Fauzan, our arrival was delayed to 5pm. Unfortunately, I had to cancel another gathering I had and I also couldn't attend Charlie Q's birthday party :(
It was sad that so many things had to fall on the same day. But we had some fun. We had barbeque, some games, lots of chatting and night-walk. The night walk was pretty "tame". I guess it was because a few years back, I did a night walk through the swamp ALONE and I survived! So, this one where we went in the swamp area in groups of 6 didn't terrify me that much :P
There were times when I was a little jumpy and had to pull onto Fauzan >.<
Thanks FF!

Also in this week, I have sorethroat again!! I've not fully healed yet, but getting a little better. Here's a list of remedies suggested by numerous party:
1. Apple + Kiwi juice
2. Clorox (courtesy of Dr.Mira)
3. Water + sleep early
4. Lemon honey green tea
5. Herbal tea
Of all the choices, I would most love to try option numero uno. If only I have a blender here...
I really love to try it, so if anyone volunteers to blend me some Kiwiple(yup, remember I'm the first person to name 'em) I would give you some lovin'. Or I'll just go hunting with you.

Speaking of hunting, the American election is coming soon. Mark down Nov 4th, for it will be a historical day. OBAMA for PRESIDENT. If McCain-Palin does win, I shall elect myself as the new PRESIDENT of ALASKA and move there so I can wave at my Russian neighbours and hunt down animals -____________-"

This is a little outdated, but this is the first Saturday Night Live skit where Tina Fey potrays Sarah Palin and it's hillarious! I don't need anymore reasons to love Tina Fey.


Gahahah! Loved it when Sarah Palin(Tina Fey) did the shotgun pose and when Hillary Clinton(Amy Poehler) rips the podium!

And here's some music. This band is called Uh Huh Her. Not well known, but this song is pretty nice. Enjoy.


Quote of the day:
"I can see Russia from my house!" - Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL.

No comments:

 
Site Meter